Arkansas Backcountry
Welcome to Arkansas Backcountry!

If you are a returning member, please click below to log in.

If you are a guest, WELCOME! You'll be able to view most of our discussions, but you won't be able to post anything unless you register as a member. It's free and very easy, we promise.

What are you waiting for? Register already! See you inside...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arkansas Backcountry
Welcome to Arkansas Backcountry!

If you are a returning member, please click below to log in.

If you are a guest, WELCOME! You'll be able to view most of our discussions, but you won't be able to post anything unless you register as a member. It's free and very easy, we promise.

What are you waiting for? Register already! See you inside...
Arkansas Backcountry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wow, nice site!

3 posters

Go down

Wow, nice site! Empty Wow, nice site!

Post by lbaker Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:33 am

Hi! I'm a Texas member of the Ozark Soc. and the ACC. Just found your site. As the weather turns, and the ticks and chiggers take their leave, I will be heading north. Looks like there's lots of great info here!
Leigh

lbaker
Day Hiker

Back to top Go down

Wow, nice site! Empty Re: Wow, nice site!

Post by Clif Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:09 am

hey, Leigh

I do the acc sight, too. Shoulda been with us last weekend up on the buffy.

Lots of real friendly folks here.. helpful, too. Lots of great info. Wow, nice site! Icon_wink Some are a bit hung up on ultralight, tho. We are more car camp and dayhike. But still enjoy sharing and learning here. Welcome over. Leaves are starting up north. Be here before we know it.
Clif
Clif
Trail Guide

Back to top Go down

Post by Dfieldhiker Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:51 am

You guys up north need to keep us posted. I don't want to miss the peak. Photos would be nice also.
Dfieldhiker
Dfieldhiker
Backcountry Explorer

Back to top Go down

Post by lbaker Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:50 pm

Hi Clif,
Thought I'd seen your name on the ACC. Yeah last week looked like fun! I have never done that section. It's a long way for me and can only do one trip in Oct. so I'm holding off for the fall foliage. I am planning on spending the week of Thanksgiving hiking the upper area. I camp lighter than most canoeist because I started out camping from a sea kayak, and I had to be weight conscious, (certainly not ultralight) but I don't backpack because I have lower lumbar "issues" and had neck surgery a little over a yr ago, so all my hiking will be day hikes. I'm probably going to base camp somewhere, most likely Steele Cr. I haven't ever hiked that area and Richard has been giving me info. Please do keep us posted as the foliage begins, I just bought a new camera and need to try it out ;-)
Leigh

lbaker
Day Hiker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down