Arkansas Backcountry
Welcome to Arkansas Backcountry!

If you are a returning member, please click below to log in.

If you are a guest, WELCOME! You'll be able to view most of our discussions, but you won't be able to post anything unless you register as a member. It's free and very easy, we promise.

What are you waiting for? Register already! See you inside...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arkansas Backcountry
Welcome to Arkansas Backcountry!

If you are a returning member, please click below to log in.

If you are a guest, WELCOME! You'll be able to view most of our discussions, but you won't be able to post anything unless you register as a member. It's free and very easy, we promise.

What are you waiting for? Register already! See you inside...
Arkansas Backcountry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to Site.

3 posters

Go down

New to Site. Empty New to Site.

Post by ulhiker Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:12 am

Hello everyone,
Just found this site and HAD to join. A little introduction: My name is Jim and my wife's name is Dee. We live in Conway. We try to backpack at least once a month, although it doesn't always work out that way. I am looking forward to reading about everyone's trips and, being a gearhead, everything about gear. Thanks again for starting a site about one of the most beautiful states in the U.S. Very Happy
Jim
ulhiker
ulhiker
Mountain Man

Back to top Go down

New to Site. Empty Re: New to Site.

Post by ouachita hiker Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:39 am

Jim,

Glad you found us! My name is Tom, located in Dierks. Very close to the Southern Ouachitas. I, and my wife Janet, have taken on trail upkeep in the Caney Creek Wilderness including the Buckeye Trail. Also have adopted a section of the OT. Any way glad you are here! Very Happy
ouachita hiker
ouachita hiker
Master of the Arkansas Backcountry

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:58 am

Hey Jim, glad you found us!

My name is Jay, I hang out around the Mt. Ida area, I try to day hike every weekend (you know how that goes) and my BPing schedule is getting busier! cheers

And I try to mend the fences around the website here when I can.

I'm just guessing by your user name and the fact that you're a gearhead, that you're an ultralighter...(Yeah, I know; my keen observation skills astound and amaze!) I'm glad you're here so we can get some more gear discussions going.

Again, welcome!
Jay
Jay
Admin
Admin

http://www.arkansasbackcountry.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ulhiker Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:25 pm

Thanks for the welcome. We hike primarily in the Ozarks, but I've hiked some of the Ouachitas, Eagle Rock Loop to be precise. Really enjoyed that. We made it a 2-day hike and I was amazed at the different geological features that the Ouachitas have, when compared to the Ozarks. Dee and I are trying to decide if we are going to hike next weekend and where. Probably Shores Lake Loop or Butterfield Trail.
Jay, man, there is nothing that gets by you. LOL. My 3-season pack weight, without food or water, is usually around 7-8 lbs. I've just recently started building some of my own gear, primarily stoves. My current favorite is a wood-burning stove that weighs 6.5 oz. with pot. My next project will probably be a silnylon tarp. I currently use a 8x10 tarp, but am wanting to go a little smaller.
Sorry, started talking gear and got diarrhea of the keyboard.
ulhiker
ulhiker
Mountain Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down