Arkansas Backcountry
Welcome to Arkansas Backcountry!

If you are a returning member, please click below to log in.

If you are a guest, WELCOME! You'll be able to view most of our discussions, but you won't be able to post anything unless you register as a member. It's free and very easy, we promise.

What are you waiting for? Register already! See you inside...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arkansas Backcountry
Welcome to Arkansas Backcountry!

If you are a returning member, please click below to log in.

If you are a guest, WELCOME! You'll be able to view most of our discussions, but you won't be able to post anything unless you register as a member. It's free and very easy, we promise.

What are you waiting for? Register already! See you inside...
Arkansas Backcountry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Butterfield or Shores Lake/White Mountain

+5
ulhiker
commandokanak
Preacha Man
HillbillyHkr
colt1911carry
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Butterfield or Shores Lake/White Mountain - Page 2 Empty Re: Butterfield or Shores Lake/White Mountain

Post by lew1043 Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:14 am

I am out for this trip. Not going to be able to make it.

Lew

lew1043
Trail Guide

Back to top Go down

Butterfield or Shores Lake/White Mountain - Page 2 Empty Re: Butterfield or Shores Lake/White Mountain

Post by colt1911carry Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:55 pm

Ok. Looks like, with the problems on the Shores Lake trail reported by UL, we will be hitting the Butterfield trail instead. After trail maintenence last weekend kicked my butt, I don't hink my fat butt could have handled Shores Lake anyway. Over the next couple of days, I will be solidifying my plans, and will let everyone here know.
colt1911carry
colt1911carry
News Hound
News Hound

http://www.thepaxtonfamily.com/blog/category/hiking-backpacking-

Back to top Go down

Post by colt1911carry Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:22 am

Ok, boys and girls, here are my plans for the weekend:

I will be driving up to Devil's Den State Park on Friday, October 10th, to do the Butterfield Trail, and should arrive at the park around 2 or 3 pm. I will stay the night Friday night in Camp Area A. I plan to get up early on Saturday morning and hike in as far as I can. I will be taking the trail in a clockwise loop. I will definately make it to Rock Hole Camp (6.9 miles in), but I am hoping to make it to Junction Camp (9.7 miles in) to stay the night Saturday night. Sunday morning, I plan to hit the trail again early and hike out.

If anyone is up for it, I could get to the trail earlier on Friday and maybe hike all the way in to Rock Hole Camp on Friday afternoon. I am very flexible in this, but I know most people will have to work on Friday.

Either way, I would love some company. Let me know if you are interested!
colt1911carry
colt1911carry
News Hound
News Hound

Back to top Go down

Post by Preacha Man Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:42 pm

Let me check with my wife and plans, I might be able to meet you on Friday and hike with you to Rock Hole Camp. I will have to hike back out before noon Saturday, because my church is having a fish fry Yum-yum.

Dwight
Preacha Man
Preacha Man
Mountain Man

https://www.facebook.com/#!/dwightg

Back to top Go down

Post by commandokanak Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:40 pm

I was tentatively planning on making this hike (Shores Lake or Butterfield), but my wife made plans and won't be able to make it out on Friday. So I thought I'd try to get out on Saturday and make it an overnight to Sunday, but that may not work either due to some other things that have popped up.

I also just checked the forcast and right now there's a pretty good chance of rain on saturday and sunday.

commandokanak
Real Backpacker

Back to top Go down

Post by colt1911carry Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:08 pm

The chance of rain for this weekend is all but gone now. The weather is going to be near perfect for a hike this weekend. Still looking for others to join!
colt1911carry
colt1911carry
News Hound
News Hound

Back to top Go down

Post by lew1043 Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:30 pm

Man I wish I could go!!! I am jealous...

Lew

lew1043
Trail Guide

Back to top Go down

Post by colt1911carry Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:04 pm

I wish you could to. We are gonna have a blast. It's not too late for you to change your mind, you know. Smile
colt1911carry
colt1911carry
News Hound
News Hound

Back to top Go down

Post by Trail Monkey Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:06 pm

Jealous my butt.. this coming from someone who just got back from CO.. you should be ashamed.. hahaha. Oh by the way.. I am on...
Trail Monkey
Trail Monkey
Master of the Arkansas Backcountry

Back to top Go down

Post by colt1911carry Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:09 pm

I agree with Monkey on this one, Lew. You have NO reason to be jealous. We, on the other hand, do have a reason to be jealous of your butt in Colorado!
colt1911carry
colt1911carry
News Hound
News Hound

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2