Arkansas Backcountry
Welcome to Arkansas Backcountry!

If you are a returning member, please click below to log in.

If you are a guest, WELCOME! You'll be able to view most of our discussions, but you won't be able to post anything unless you register as a member. It's free and very easy, we promise.

What are you waiting for? Register already! See you inside...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arkansas Backcountry
Welcome to Arkansas Backcountry!

If you are a returning member, please click below to log in.

If you are a guest, WELCOME! You'll be able to view most of our discussions, but you won't be able to post anything unless you register as a member. It's free and very easy, we promise.

What are you waiting for? Register already! See you inside...
Arkansas Backcountry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Butterfield Loop Trip Report

3 posters

Go down

Butterfield Loop Trip Report Empty Butterfield Loop Trip Report

Post by ulhiker Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:18 pm

Hey, all!
Wanted to post our latest trip report. This weekend, Lew, bostonmtnman, happyhiker, my nephew Chris, and I hiked the Butterfield Loop.
The five of us left Conway about 6:45 am on Saturday for Devil's Den and the start of our trip. On the way, we stopped in Russellville for a great breakfast at IHOP.
After a rainy start in Conway and driving in the stuff for the first 70+ miles, the clouds started to give way to sunshine and by the time we got to Devil's Den, we had some great blue skies. We signed in at the visitor center and got on the trail around 10:00. We left Preacha Man and Burrito around 12:30 and arrived at Junction Camp at 4:00.
We set up camp and had a great dinner along side Blackburn Creek and Lee Creek. We met Steve, Jake, and Justin from Fayetteville that evening. They camped just down from us and we all had a great time visiting with them before turning in around 8:30.
Sunday morning welcomed us with 23 degrees and clear skies. After a chilly breakfast, we got started on the trail at 8:55. The climb out of Junction Camp warmed us up and we set about knocking out the remaining five miles of our trip. We arrived at the parking lot at 12:00 and loaded up. Everyone had WhattaBurger in Russellville on the brain, so we stopped to have our traditional post-trip pig-out.
I know some of the other guys will post some of their comments soon.
UL
ulhiker
ulhiker
Mountain Man

Back to top Go down

Butterfield Loop Trip Report Empty Re: Butterfield Loop Trip Report

Post by Preacha Man Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:40 am

It was a great trip for Burrito and I. I am sorry that he slowed you down a little, but he had a blast on the last 3 miles. Yall really made some good time to get to Junction Camp 4:00, once you get down the hill, it is mostly flat the rest of the way to camp though. I always like that section of the trail for its simplicity. I wish that I could have gone to Feltner's with yall pig , it sounds so good! Great Report.
Preacha Man
Preacha Man
Mountain Man

https://www.facebook.com/#!/dwightg

Back to top Go down

Post by lew1043 Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:37 pm

I also enjoyed this trip. It was good to get out in the woods. What I have enjoyed about the last two trips is having my gear dialed in and the walking in the outdoors experience. I also enjoyed the good company of the fellas I was with and even getting to see a kid from San Diego (Chris) get to experience the outdoors in AR was fun. Getting to see a 50lb lighter Precha was inspiring for me. I need to start controlling what I put in my body. Of course that is starting today not when I was at Whata-Buger. Good trip!!!

Lew

P.S. Enjoyed meeting the Fayetteville guys also!

lew1043
Trail Guide

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down