Arkansas Backcountry
Welcome to Arkansas Backcountry!

If you are a returning member, please click below to log in.

If you are a guest, WELCOME! You'll be able to view most of our discussions, but you won't be able to post anything unless you register as a member. It's free and very easy, we promise.

What are you waiting for? Register already! See you inside...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arkansas Backcountry
Welcome to Arkansas Backcountry!

If you are a returning member, please click below to log in.

If you are a guest, WELCOME! You'll be able to view most of our discussions, but you won't be able to post anything unless you register as a member. It's free and very easy, we promise.

What are you waiting for? Register already! See you inside...
Arkansas Backcountry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12 year old just hangin around...and it's YOUR fault

+2
ouachita hiker
Clif
6 posters

Go down

12 year old just hangin around...and it's YOUR fault Empty 12 year old just hangin around...and it's YOUR fault

Post by Clif Sun May 23, 2010 7:37 am

We took our church boys, 12ish to 17ish, out for a campout this weekend. Plan A was complicated by the rainfall, a float trip on the Buffy. Plan B proved much better. We drove only 1/2 an hour to Greers Ferry Lake for swimming, canoeing, fishing and the campout. Excellent time. Enough background...

I got a hammock from Preacha D. (thanks again, brother) Brought it on this trip. Wasn't sure how sleep arrangements would play out. My son claimed that hammock and has informed me he will be using it when possible..."except in bear country" 12 year old just hangin around...and it's YOUR fault Icon_rolleyes Seems he loved it. Wonder if i will ever get to use it??
Clif
Clif
Trail Guide

Back to top Go down

12 year old just hangin around...and it's YOUR fault Empty Re: 12 year old just hangin around...and it's YOUR fault

Post by ouachita hiker Sun May 23, 2010 10:13 am

Aaaahhhhh another Preacha hammock convert! I have two that he made for my grandkids. I have used them and they are great!
ouachita hiker
ouachita hiker
Master of the Arkansas Backcountry

Back to top Go down

12 year old just hangin around...and it's YOUR fault Empty Re: 12 year old just hangin around...and it's YOUR fault

Post by Trail Monkey Sun May 23, 2010 6:26 pm

Isint it great when a simple, homemade, whipped end hammock is soooo much better than the commercially made, high impact counterparts... now you see what preacher is uh... er.. preaching about hahaha.
Trail Monkey
Trail Monkey
Master of the Arkansas Backcountry

Back to top Go down

Post by Preacha Man Sun May 23, 2010 10:09 pm

Your welcome, I am glad that he liked it, did you at least get to try it? They are really very easy to make, and I cannot believe that I use to think that I needed a tent. Now all I do is string up my hammock and tarp and go to sleep, I wake up in the morning refreshed, and start hiking 12 year old just hangin around...and it's YOUR fault Icon_wink
Preacha Man
Preacha Man
Mountain Man

https://www.facebook.com/#!/dwightg

Back to top Go down

Post by Clif Mon May 24, 2010 2:58 pm

Nooo maybe I can at least grab a nap in it next time.
Clif
Clif
Trail Guide

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenn_Trekker Wed May 26, 2010 9:20 am

I'm going to take my hammock on the 2nd annual solo group hike....and give it another try. The jury is still out, I will keep you posted. Preacha man does know how to drink his coffee though!
Tenn_Trekker
Tenn_Trekker
Real Backpacker

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokeHouse Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:51 am

Ive' got several hammocks and the one I like the most is the warbonnet blackbird. It has a foot box built in which allows u to lay flatter. http://warbonnetoutdoors.com/blackbirds.php
SmokeHouse
SmokeHouse
Happy Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down