Arkansas Backcountry
Welcome to Arkansas Backcountry!

If you are a returning member, please click below to log in.

If you are a guest, WELCOME! You'll be able to view most of our discussions, but you won't be able to post anything unless you register as a member. It's free and very easy, we promise.

What are you waiting for? Register already! See you inside...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arkansas Backcountry
Welcome to Arkansas Backcountry!

If you are a returning member, please click below to log in.

If you are a guest, WELCOME! You'll be able to view most of our discussions, but you won't be able to post anything unless you register as a member. It's free and very easy, we promise.

What are you waiting for? Register already! See you inside...
Arkansas Backcountry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

prime time

5 posters

Go down

prime time Empty prime time

Post by Clif Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:51 am

what is prime time for hiking?

right now is paddling. Lots of water. Warmer days. By summer when the water is gone, we will prolly be on foot much more. One item of interest is that eye of the needle trail up on the Buffy. A guide for that would be good. For sure wanna do some hookups with some of you guys.. unless you take the summer off.

I lost the topos in my gps and think the only way to get them back is about 70 bux..yuch. They were super handy for bushwakin like we do
Clif
Clif
Trail Guide

Back to top Go down

prime time Empty Re: prime time

Post by ouachita hiker Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:26 am

Cliff,

For me it is the Fall and Winter. But for me I sometimes don't get to get out till Nov. due to my job conflicts (football season). I esp. like the winter because normally there are less people in the woods.

OH
ouachita hiker
ouachita hiker
Master of the Arkansas Backcountry

Back to top Go down

Post by Clif Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:37 am

ouachita hiker wrote:I esp. like the winter because normally there are less people in the woods

Right along with why I like floating winter till now... by summer.. too crowded.
Clif
Clif
Trail Guide

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:44 pm

I like early Spring (right now) because the bugs aren't out yet and you might get lucky and get a wonderful night-time thunderstorm out in the woods. One of my favorite things.

Late fall/Early Winter is my other favorite time because of the aforementioned "solitude" and because of the also aforementioned lack of bugs.

The worst time is mid/late-summer because water gets harder to find and the bugs will absolutely carry you off. I've eaten thousands of gnats (and accidentally sucked thousands more up my nose) in the summertime because they buzz around my face relentlessly in the deep woods. And don't even get me started about the mosquitos. I hate mosquitos...
Jay
Jay
Admin
Admin

http://www.arkansasbackcountry.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Preacha Man Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:43 pm

For me it is whenever I can. I just pack accordingly. I have done the Indian Creek Trail (Eye of the Needle Trail), and if anyone wants to go, let me know.

Dwight
Preacha Man
Preacha Man
Mountain Man

https://www.facebook.com/#!/dwightg

Back to top Go down

Post by VanIam Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:40 pm

Preacha Man wrote:For me it is whenever I can. I just pack accordingly. I have done the Indian Creek Trail (Eye of the Needle Trail), and if anyone wants to go, let me know.

I second that.
VanIam
VanIam
Happy Camper

http://www.myspace.com/arbeechwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down