Arkansas Backcountry
Welcome to Arkansas Backcountry!

If you are a returning member, please click below to log in.

If you are a guest, WELCOME! You'll be able to view most of our discussions, but you won't be able to post anything unless you register as a member. It's free and very easy, we promise.

What are you waiting for? Register already! See you inside...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arkansas Backcountry
Welcome to Arkansas Backcountry!

If you are a returning member, please click below to log in.

If you are a guest, WELCOME! You'll be able to view most of our discussions, but you won't be able to post anything unless you register as a member. It's free and very easy, we promise.

What are you waiting for? Register already! See you inside...
Arkansas Backcountry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hiker Jay

3 posters

Go down

Hiker Jay Empty Hiker Jay

Post by ouachita hiker Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:22 pm

Fellow hikers. If you ever have a chance to go on a hike with Jay I highly recomend it. Hey, he went with this old geezer my wife and dog. We all had a great time. Jay is just contented to be out in the woods. Hey I am just as equally contented to be out there and able to be putting one foot in front of the other. I am sure he will be sore this week but effort was worth it! Thanks Jay for coming along, Janet and I , also Dusty the trail dog, had a great day! Laughing
ouachita hiker
ouachita hiker
Master of the Arkansas Backcountry

Back to top Go down

Hiker Jay Empty Re: Hiker Jay

Post by Jay Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:00 pm

You heard it here first folks! Not only do I look stunning in polyester, but I am highly recommended! Laughing

Truly, the pleasure was all mine guys. I enjoyed myself so much more than you even know.

Now, tuck Dusty in and give that fella a BREAK! That little trooper put on some miles today!

Thanks again for making it happen. You guys really made my day!
Jay
Jay
Admin
Admin

http://www.arkansasbackcountry.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ouachita hiker Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:39 am

Yea Jay was able to keep up with this old gezzer with one Titanium knee! Man it felt to get out on the trail yesterday! By the way did you check for Ticks? Took four of Dusty, one of Janet and I even had on on my leg!
Folks treat your clothing for Ticks with Permanone Tick repellent.
ouachita hiker
ouachita hiker

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:44 am

I was clear of the little suckers. I usually don't have problems with them. I must not be sweet enough for them. Very Happy
Jay
Jay
Admin
Admin

http://www.arkansasbackcountry.com

Back to top Go down

Post by David Holthus Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:43 am

How about a trip report. Where did you put on? How far did you go? What did you see? That trail goes by the Headwaters of the Ouachita River and I've been dying to see it. It is on my "must do list for this season.

David Holthus
Happy Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by ouachita hiker Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:53 am

David,

Jay did the trip report under Wilderness Areas and I posted some pictures this morning. I guess they should all be in the same place. Also go here:

http://www.ouachitamaps.com/Black%20Fork.html

for a very nice trip report and also a free map. This is Charlie in Tulsa, he went up the day before we went there. I sure wish we could have crossed paths. This is very nice but long hike. Come prepared and bring plenty of water.
ouachita hiker
ouachita hiker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down