Arkansas Backcountry
Welcome to Arkansas Backcountry!

If you are a returning member, please click below to log in.

If you are a guest, WELCOME! You'll be able to view most of our discussions, but you won't be able to post anything unless you register as a member. It's free and very easy, we promise.

What are you waiting for? Register already! See you inside...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arkansas Backcountry
Welcome to Arkansas Backcountry!

If you are a returning member, please click below to log in.

If you are a guest, WELCOME! You'll be able to view most of our discussions, but you won't be able to post anything unless you register as a member. It's free and very easy, we promise.

What are you waiting for? Register already! See you inside...
Arkansas Backcountry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mt. Magazine

3 posters

Go down

Mt. Magazine Empty Mt. Magazine

Post by Cowboy Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:49 pm

Anybody hiked up Mt. Magazine? My son and I would like to tackle this one this fall. Start at the lake and go all the way up signal hill. Any sugestions, warnigs, tips, etc...
Cowboy
Cowboy
Hicker

Back to top Go down

Mt. Magazine Empty Re: Mt. Magazine

Post by Jay Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:18 pm

Hey Cowboy, welcome to the site!

I haven't been on Magazine myself, but I know some of the fellas around here have, so I'm sure they'll post something about it.
Jay
Jay
Admin
Admin

http://www.arkansasbackcountry.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowboy Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:19 pm

Jay,

Thanks for the welcome. Love the sight. Its obvious you have put alot of thought and effort into it. Your members seem to be very knowledgeable, and I look forward to learning from their insight.
Cowboy
Cowboy
Hicker

Back to top Go down

Post by mss_09 Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:43 pm

Magazine is OK, get's pretty crowded, especially in summer since it's nice and cool at the top and not as muggy as the river valley. Be sure to go up Signal Hill, the highest point in Arkansas. We took off and did some primitive camping out in the national forest, so I don't have much info on the developed campsites. They also have a nice lodge, but not my idea of camping. Also close by is Mt. Nebo, just outside Dardanelle, close to Russellville. They have a nice bench trail and rim trail, and the highway that leads up to the summit is pretty twisty and steep, but no problem for any car that has been kept in good shape.
mss_09
mss_09
Day Hiker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down