Arkansas Backcountry
Welcome to Arkansas Backcountry!

If you are a returning member, please click below to log in.

If you are a guest, WELCOME! You'll be able to view most of our discussions, but you won't be able to post anything unless you register as a member. It's free and very easy, we promise.

What are you waiting for? Register already! See you inside...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arkansas Backcountry
Welcome to Arkansas Backcountry!

If you are a returning member, please click below to log in.

If you are a guest, WELCOME! You'll be able to view most of our discussions, but you won't be able to post anything unless you register as a member. It's free and very easy, we promise.

What are you waiting for? Register already! See you inside...
Arkansas Backcountry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buckeye/Caney Creek Trail Status

2 posters

Go down

Buckeye/Caney Creek Trail Status Empty Buckeye/Caney Creek Trail Status

Post by latechbanjo Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:34 pm

Hey all,

New to the forum, but I've been reading for the last few weeks. I was looking at hiking the Buckeye/Caney Creek loop with a buddy in a couple of weeks and wanted to ask a few questions.

1. Is the trail in good shape and passable?
2. How much trouble will I have following the trail in most areas? I'm currently trying to get a map of the area, but I'm a bit worried about being able to stay on trail because of the whole "wilderness area" thing. I've done a few overnight backpacking trips, but I'd still consider myself a novice.

Thanks for the help, and this site has been a very good resource for a beginner like me.

latechbanjo
Hicker

Back to top Go down

Buckeye/Caney Creek Trail Status Empty Re: Buckeye/Caney Creek Trail Status

Post by ouachita hiker Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:18 am

Well since you asked. If you want to keep up with the trail conditions in Arkansas you
need to go HERE. I help maintain the trail
system in Caney Creek Wilderness. Have been hiking it since the 70's. But if you REALLY
want answers you will have to go some were else.
ouachita hiker
ouachita hiker
Master of the Arkansas Backcountry

Back to top Go down