Arkansas Backcountry
Welcome to Arkansas Backcountry!

If you are a returning member, please click below to log in.

If you are a guest, WELCOME! You'll be able to view most of our discussions, but you won't be able to post anything unless you register as a member. It's free and very easy, we promise.

What are you waiting for? Register already! See you inside...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arkansas Backcountry
Welcome to Arkansas Backcountry!

If you are a returning member, please click below to log in.

If you are a guest, WELCOME! You'll be able to view most of our discussions, but you won't be able to post anything unless you register as a member. It's free and very easy, we promise.

What are you waiting for? Register already! See you inside...
Arkansas Backcountry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fat Challenge 2010

2 posters

Go down

Fat Challenge 2010 Empty Fat Challenge 2010

Post by Preacha Man Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:19 am

When I first joined Arkansas Backcountry I weighed in at a good ole 230 pounds. It wasn't long until the site started the Backcountry Fitness Challenge and everyone started losing weight. I really had no interest at first, and Trail Monkey took off losing the weight and gaining the points the most (the challenge awarded points for most weight lost and sticking to exercise). It wasn't long until my wife told me that we were going to lose weight and she started cooking completely different for us. In 2008 I went from 230 pounds to about 185 pounds, and by March of 2009 I was at 176 pounds.

That March Amanda and I found out that she was pregnant with our 4th Child, and she stopped dieting while she was pregnant. For the next 9 months I gained a lot of the weight back and by the time our little boy was born I was pushing 195 pounds (20 pounds in 9 months Fat Challenge 2010 Icon_sad ). As soon as our boy was born though, Amanda went back on track and within a month of having a baby was backto her pre-pregnancy weight and dropping. She did not make me start back up until 2 weeks ago.

At the beginning of March a group of us hiked the ERL together and I could tell a small difference in my health and stamina with those extra 20 pounds, so I started my diet again. I woke up this morning and I weighed 189.2 pounds, making a total lose for this week of 4.6 pounds, by just eating right!

For all of you that know that you need to lose weight, get outside and watch what you eat, and start dropping those pounds. If you need help, that's what we are here for Fat Challenge 2010 Icon_biggrin . What better, cheaper, and easier way, is there to drop your total pack weight?
Preacha Man
Preacha Man
Mountain Man

https://www.facebook.com/#!/dwightg

Back to top Go down

Fat Challenge 2010 Empty Re: Fat Challenge 2010

Post by RedBuffalo Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:35 pm

Awesome! I'll add that the added pounds will place undue burden on the knees and feet, which could potentially limit the amount of backpacking trips a person could go on. That would be viciously bad - in a big way affraid . One of the best ways to keep the pounds off is to hit the trail! cheers
RedBuffalo
RedBuffalo
Backcountry Explorer

http://www.duprephotography.com/links.htm

Back to top Go down