Arkansas Backcountry
Welcome to Arkansas Backcountry!

If you are a returning member, please click below to log in.

If you are a guest, WELCOME! You'll be able to view most of our discussions, but you won't be able to post anything unless you register as a member. It's free and very easy, we promise.

What are you waiting for? Register already! See you inside...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arkansas Backcountry
Welcome to Arkansas Backcountry!

If you are a returning member, please click below to log in.

If you are a guest, WELCOME! You'll be able to view most of our discussions, but you won't be able to post anything unless you register as a member. It's free and very easy, we promise.

What are you waiting for? Register already! See you inside...
Arkansas Backcountry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2009 Fitness Challenge

+2
ouachita hiker
colt1911carry
6 posters

Go down

2009 Fitness Challenge Empty 2009 Fitness Challenge

Post by colt1911carry Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:06 pm

Jay,

When are you planning on starting the next challenge? Since I was out so much and missed the majority of the last one, I am ready and anxious to do the next one!

Last edited by colt1911carry on Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
colt1911carry
colt1911carry
News Hound
News Hound

http://www.thepaxtonfamily.com/blog/category/hiking-backpacking-

Back to top Go down

2009 Fitness Challenge Empty Re: 2009 Fitness Challenge

Post by ouachita hiker Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:23 pm

Colt,

Jay may be out of touch for awhile. He is headed to MO then on to AZ to visit with his dad.

OH
ouachita hiker
ouachita hiker
Master of the Arkansas Backcountry

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:56 pm

Thanks, OH. I just happened to get on here and check one last time before I hit the road.

TO ALL: I will be on the road from now until December 7th. I will have intermittent internet access, so I'll try to check in occasionally on my trip (and hopefully post some Arizona backcountry pictures!)

COLT: I'm glad to hear you're amped up for the next one! I am too, since I actually ended this year basically right back where I started!
Anyway, with the holidays here and the generally hectic nature of year-end activities, the new challenge will not begin until January. (Probably mid.) In fact, I'd like to have an Official BFC 2009 Kick-off Party somewhere around that time, so we can all get together and award this year's winners and just have a good time.

On a side note, BFC 2009 will run longer, have bigger prizes, and will be totally different. More details coming soon!
Jay
Jay
Admin
Admin

http://www.arkansasbackcountry.com

Back to top Go down

Post by colt1911carry Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:15 pm

Awesome, Jay! First of all, have a safe and fun trip! Secondly, I can hardly wait to see what you have in store for us in the next challenge!
colt1911carry
colt1911carry
News Hound
News Hound

http://www.thepaxtonfamily.com/blog/category/hiking-backpacking-

Back to top Go down

Post by Pawpaw Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:01 am

Jay,
You probably remember me from the backpacking seminar. I was the big ugly one with the beard. The point I am trying to get to is that I would like to join the 2009 Fitness Challenge. Please keep me in mind and let me know. Have a safe trip and Happy Holidays.
Thanks!
-Roy, aka Pawpaw
Pawpaw
Pawpaw
Hicker

Back to top Go down

Post by Preacha Man Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:53 pm

Roy, Welcome to the forums and if I can help you with the FItness Challenge let me know. I still have 30 pounds to lose, and have slowed down a little since the last challenge (last week I lost .5 pounds Smile ). My biggest thing is actually counting all my calories and not going over. You would be surprised how many empty calories we usually eat in a day. Just remember, a pound of fat is roughly 3500 calories. If you eat 100 more calories than what you burn each day, you will gain a pound in a month. However, if you burn 100 calories more than what you eat each day, you will lose a pound that month. 2 pounds a week is a good and healthy goal, anyone can lose weight from water and such, but people need to focus on losing fat, and the way to do that is burn it off.

Dwight
Preacha Man
Preacha Man
Mountain Man

https://www.facebook.com/#!/dwightg

Back to top Go down

Post by Preacha Man Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:35 pm

So...... When are we starting the new challenge? January 1st? I still have some weight to lose but not very much, I weighed 186 this morning and went from a 38 to 32 pants. I REALLY can tell the difference while out hiking. Just thought I would bump this thread and check in on the details.
Preacha Man
Preacha Man
Mountain Man

https://www.facebook.com/#!/dwightg

Back to top Go down

Post by Trail Monkey Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:30 pm

Hey Dwight... you going to make it this week or not?
Trail Monkey
Trail Monkey
Master of the Arkansas Backcountry

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:01 pm

Hey guys, I wanted to plan some sort of get together to award our winners from 2008 and kick off our 2009 challenge, but, alas, I am on the road again, I still don't have shirts, and I haven't figured out all of the details for the 2009 challenge.

I will post something worthwhile in the next week or so.
Jay
Jay
Admin
Admin

http://www.arkansasbackcountry.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down