Arkansas Backcountry
Welcome to Arkansas Backcountry!

If you are a returning member, please click below to log in.

If you are a guest, WELCOME! You'll be able to view most of our discussions, but you won't be able to post anything unless you register as a member. It's free and very easy, we promise.

What are you waiting for? Register already! See you inside...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arkansas Backcountry
Welcome to Arkansas Backcountry!

If you are a returning member, please click below to log in.

If you are a guest, WELCOME! You'll be able to view most of our discussions, but you won't be able to post anything unless you register as a member. It's free and very easy, we promise.

What are you waiting for? Register already! See you inside...
Arkansas Backcountry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello hikers

3 posters

Go down

Hello hikers Empty Hello hikers

Post by ar.hiker Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:24 am

Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm from the Mount Ida, AR. area and have hiked, paddled, hunted and fished in the Ouachitas and the Ozarks my whole life (48 yrs old). I really enjoy the Caney Creek/Little Missouri area, in fact I was down there yesterday trying to teach an eight year old how to fish. There are still some trout in the Little Mo above Albert Pike if anyone is interested. Recent rainfall also made Little Missouri Falls pretty impressive this past weekend.

I am also a member of FoOt and maintain a section of the ONRT on Fourche Mtn. just east of Eagle Gap. I've done volunteer trail work in the Ozarks also.

I'm looking forward to being a member of this forum, we've needed a forum like this devoted to Arkansas hiking/backpacking and other outdoor activities.

Mark (ar.hiker)
ar.hiker
ar.hiker
Real Backpacker

Back to top Go down

Hello hikers Empty Re: Hello hikers

Post by ouachita hiker Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:47 pm

Hi Mark!

This is ouachita hiker aka Tom from Dierks. I have been sure thinking about you here lately. The wife, Janet, and Jay just got back from a hike up into Black Fork Wilderness. Man what a climb!! My knees are hurting for sure. Did you get finished with your section of the OT? We are still willing to help out. I am in much better shape now. Still working on it. Any way glad to see you here! Very Happy
ouachita hiker
ouachita hiker
Master of the Arkansas Backcountry

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:09 pm

Hey Mark! Glad you made it to the site! I'm barely able to type right now because Tom and Janet wore me out today on Black Fork Mountain.

Anyway, we're still brand new, so we're looking for all kinds of suggestions to help make this place more useable for everyone. If there's anything you can think of, just let us know!

Looking forward to getting to know ya.

Again, welcome!
Jay
Jay
Admin
Admin

http://www.arkansasbackcountry.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down