Arkansas Backcountry
Welcome to Arkansas Backcountry!

If you are a returning member, please click below to log in.

If you are a guest, WELCOME! You'll be able to view most of our discussions, but you won't be able to post anything unless you register as a member. It's free and very easy, we promise.

What are you waiting for? Register already! See you inside...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arkansas Backcountry
Welcome to Arkansas Backcountry!

If you are a returning member, please click below to log in.

If you are a guest, WELCOME! You'll be able to view most of our discussions, but you won't be able to post anything unless you register as a member. It's free and very easy, we promise.

What are you waiting for? Register already! See you inside...
Arkansas Backcountry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Post Your Photos in the Gallery

3 posters

Go down

How to Post Your Photos in the Gallery Empty How to Post Your Photos in the Gallery

Post by Jay Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:46 am

1. Click on "Gallery" in the navigation bar at the top of any page.

2. You will then be looking at the Public Categories. As of this writing, there is only one. It is entitled "Public Photos." (More categories will probably be added as time goes by.)

3. If you want to post your photos here, simply click on the Public Photos image.

4. On the page that comes up, you'll see a button toward the upper left-hand corner that looks like this:How to Post Your Photos in the Gallery Upload_pic Click on that little fella.

5. You will now see several text fields. THIS IS IMPORTANT: Please type in a TITLE for your photo in the first field, which is labeled "Image." We all want to see your photos, but we'd also like to know what the heck we're looking at. Photos entitled Nikonpic23403045.jpg, etc, might just get deleted. So please do us all a favor and title those pictures!

6. You may also type in a description for your photo in the next field if you'd like. If there's a story to go along with the picture; this would be the place for it.

7. Next, click "Browse" by the next field and select the photo on your computer which you'd like to upload.

8. Click "Save" at the bottom of the page, and your photo will start uploading to the site. Depending on the size of your photo and the speed of your internet connection this could take a few moments.

Alright, now if you'd like to upload photos to your own Personal Album, simply go up to step 3 above and instead of clicking on the Public Photos image, look toward the lower left-hand part of the page where it says "Your Personal Album" and click there. The rest is all the same. Please note: Photos posted in your personal album are still viewable by everyone else, and they also appear on the homepage in the slideshow. The personal albums are handy for keeping your photos organized and it provides a dedicated gallery for your photo fans to browse!

Enjoy!

Last edited by Jay on Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jay
Jay
Admin
Admin

http://www.arkansasbackcountry.com

Back to top Go down

How to Post Your Photos in the Gallery Empty Re: How to Post Your Photos in the Gallery

Post by colt1911carry Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:51 am

Alright! Thanks a bunch, Jay.
colt1911carry
colt1911carry
News Hound
News Hound

http://www.thepaxtonfamily.com/blog/category/hiking-backpacking-

Back to top Go down

How to Post Your Photos in the Gallery Empty Re: How to Post Your Photos in the Gallery

Post by Preacha Man Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:46 pm

Yeah, I posted some pics from the tarp and hammock clinc in my gallery before I saw how to post in the public one, oh well, later I will try to move them over. Thanks Jay

Dwight
Preacha Man
Preacha Man
Mountain Man

https://www.facebook.com/#!/dwightg

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:56 pm

Well, they still show up in the little preview on the Homepage, so folks will see them anyway. As for moving them, I'm not sure it can be done without deleting them and uploading them again to the place you want them. I don't think I can even move them for you. I'll check though.

Also, don't forget that you can post comments about other folk's photos. Just scroll down to the bottom of the page with the photo on it and post away. But be nice!

Last edited by Jay on Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jay
Jay
Admin
Admin

http://www.arkansasbackcountry.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Preacha Man Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:32 pm

I just saw the homepage thing, so I will leave them where they are for now, if people want I will move them over, its not really that hard. Thanks again Jay, the gallery is great.

Dwight
Preacha Man
Preacha Man
Mountain Man

https://www.facebook.com/#!/dwightg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down