Arkansas Backcountry
Welcome to Arkansas Backcountry!

If you are a returning member, please click below to log in.

If you are a guest, WELCOME! You'll be able to view most of our discussions, but you won't be able to post anything unless you register as a member. It's free and very easy, we promise.

What are you waiting for? Register already! See you inside...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arkansas Backcountry
Welcome to Arkansas Backcountry!

If you are a returning member, please click below to log in.

If you are a guest, WELCOME! You'll be able to view most of our discussions, but you won't be able to post anything unless you register as a member. It's free and very easy, we promise.

What are you waiting for? Register already! See you inside...
Arkansas Backcountry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buffalo River Float: Rush to White River

3 posters

Go down

Buffalo River Float: Rush to White River  Empty Buffalo River Float: Rush to White River

Post by east_stingray Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:01 am

I just got back from a float trip with my family. They drove down from Yankeeville and met me at Rush. I was driving in from Fayetteville from a wedding. We camped at the rush campground the first night, then hit the river on Monday morning in two canoes. My brother and I switched back and forth between the canoes so that everyone would have a chance to fish from the front (and also because the parents are getting up there in age).

We caught lots of bass and goggle eye and had a great float. I recommend it to anyone who likes to get off the trail and onto the river!

My brother was the one taking pictures, so as soon as he sends them to me I'll try and get a few up.

east_stingray
Real Backpacker

http://www.geocities.com/east_stingray/index.html

Back to top Go down

Buffalo River Float: Rush to White River  Empty Re: Buffalo River Float: Rush to White River

Post by Preacha Man Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:05 pm

Sounds great!! I am getting out next week to go to Missouri, and I am praying really hard that I can go fishing and hiking a bit. I am glad that you had fun, and I hope that my family can still get together when they are all grown up.
Preacha Man
Preacha Man
Mountain Man

https://www.facebook.com/#!/dwightg

Back to top Go down

Buffalo River Float: Rush to White River  Empty Re: Buffalo River Float: Rush to White River

Post by east_stingray Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:26 am

My dad was making comments about that during the trip, Dwight. He kept asking "what other family STILL gets together every year to do something like this?" We've done this float trip together for 5 or 6 years in a row now, and my parents have been doing it since they were in their 20's. They're 56 now.

With two kids in med school it's going to be tricky for all of us to get together next year, but I have a feeling we will find a way to make it work.

east_stingray
Real Backpacker

http://www.geocities.com/east_stingray/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by zenlizard Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:37 pm

That's a great float. Probably my favorite. There really aren't any rapids but the flora and fauna are spectacular as well as the great camping spots around every turn in the river. Last time we went we saw about 30 deer, 3 wild hogs, 5 otters, 2 beavers, a mother and 3 baby raccoons, and a mink along with all kinds of birds.

zenlizard
Real Backpacker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down