Arkansas Backcountry
Welcome to Arkansas Backcountry!

If you are a returning member, please click below to log in.

If you are a guest, WELCOME! You'll be able to view most of our discussions, but you won't be able to post anything unless you register as a member. It's free and very easy, we promise.

What are you waiting for? Register already! See you inside...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arkansas Backcountry
Welcome to Arkansas Backcountry!

If you are a returning member, please click below to log in.

If you are a guest, WELCOME! You'll be able to view most of our discussions, but you won't be able to post anything unless you register as a member. It's free and very easy, we promise.

What are you waiting for? Register already! See you inside...
Arkansas Backcountry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2nd annual tristate solo group hike

+7
RedBuffalo
Tenn_Trekker
Preacha Man
ouachita hiker
trailrelic
Trail Monkey
ar.hiker
11 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

2nd annual tristate solo group hike Empty 2nd annual tristate solo group hike

Post by ar.hiker Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:48 pm

OK, just to clear up things, there will be a 2nd annual solo tristate group hike on the ERL, even if I have to do it by myself !

We need a date gentlemen/ladies, and we can add more states if we have to, but it will still be a solo group hike, we have our standards to uphold and no one can take that away!

ar.hiker
ar.hiker
ar.hiker
Real Backpacker

Back to top Go down

2nd annual tristate solo group hike Empty Re: 2nd annual tristate solo group hike

Post by Trail Monkey Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:04 am

I think Red said sometime first of June ar.
Trail Monkey
Trail Monkey
Master of the Arkansas Backcountry

Back to top Go down

2nd annual tristate solo group hike Empty Re: 2nd annual tristate solo group hike

Post by ar.hiker Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:00 am

We don't want to do it too far into the month or it will be hot and buggy. I know it will be my last bpacking trip of the season. We got lucky last year with the weather it was fairly cool. Guess it depends on when school gets out for Red though. I can work it in anytime if I have enough notice.
ar.hiker
ar.hiker
Real Backpacker

Back to top Go down

Post by trailrelic Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:02 am

I'd like another crack at the ERL.
trailrelic
trailrelic
Real Backpacker

Back to top Go down

Post by ouachita hiker Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:14 pm

I would also like to give it a try. I might not be able to do it all
esp. if we are still in school. In fact I will be on contract anyway.
I can still join the group for part of the hike.
ouachita hiker
ouachita hiker

Back to top Go down

Post by Preacha Man Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:55 pm

Right around there would be a good time for me too I think Smile I can't wait to get out again!
Preacha Man
Preacha Man
Mountain Man

https://www.facebook.com/#!/dwightg

Back to top Go down

Post by Trail Monkey Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:00 pm

Like I said.. Red needs to chime in here as he kind of had a date in mind and I think it was the first weekend of June but I may be mistaken.
Trail Monkey
Trail Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenn_Trekker Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:30 am

Suggesting June 2,3 and 4 which is after Memorial Day weekend. I should be able to attend!
Tenn_Trekker
Tenn_Trekker
Real Backpacker

Back to top Go down

Post by ouachita hiker Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:02 am

Well I won't be able to make it in the middle of the week. Our last day of school is the 1st but I am on a 11 month contract so I will have to still be coming up to my band room and piddle for some time to come!
ouachita hiker
ouachita hiker

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenn_Trekker Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:42 am

I menat 4th,5th and 6th......Friday Saturday and Sunday. Typo? 2nd annual tristate solo group hike Icon_redface
Tenn_Trekker
Tenn_Trekker
Real Backpacker

Back to top Go down

Post by ouachita hiker Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:45 am

Tenn_Trekker wrote:I menat 4th,5th and 6th......Friday Saturday and Sunday. Typo? 2nd annual tristate solo group hike Icon_redface

Well I think I could make it the 5th and 6th... will see when it draws closer to time.
ouachita hiker
ouachita hiker

Back to top Go down

Post by Preacha Man Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:04 am

That is good for me right now Smile
Preacha Man
Preacha Man
Mountain Man

Back to top Go down

Post by trailrelic Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:55 am

June 5th is National Trails Day. It would be great to be in the middle of the ERL.
trailrelic
trailrelic
Real Backpacker

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenn_Trekker Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:10 am

I sent an email today to try and get this trip posted to the main ABC page. Thanks in advance JED!
Tenn_Trekker
Tenn_Trekker
Real Backpacker

Back to top Go down

Post by RedBuffalo Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:34 am

Sorry I'm late on this post. Just got back from spring break'in, which finished w/ a backpacking trip w/ my two daughters at Bastrop SP. I was proud of them for trekking out a 10 mile cold and windy day. They may be ready for the ERL soon?

Here's my situation. School is out May 29, I have a staff workday May 30 and a wedding on June 5.

My main problem is that I want to dedicate a 6 day 60 mile Yo-Yo (double back the last day to finish 60) as my main JMT work up. I'm pretty flexible on the 6 days for the Yo-Yo; anytime between June 7 - 25 (wedding on the 26). Like AR mentioned, it'd be best the closer to the first of the month. So, I'm tentatively looking at June 8 - 13 to cover a weekend.

I know most folks don't want to hike too far in to June so I don't expect you guys to try to work around me. If the weekend of June 5 is better for the group then trek on. Surely there's another Texan that'll show up ("pointing at Trailrelic's avatar"). Arrow
RedBuffalo
RedBuffalo
Backcountry Explorer

http://www.duprephotography.com/links.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by east_stingray Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:05 pm

I'll be there, but might be coming in late friday night like every other time. When am I going to get to finish this flippin loop??

east_stingray
Real Backpacker

http://www.geocities.com/east_stingray/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by RedBuffalo Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:54 pm

Do it as a day hike with Preacha! Very Happy
RedBuffalo
RedBuffalo
Backcountry Explorer

Back to top Go down

Post by Preacha Man Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:28 pm

I will day hike it with you East!!! Just tell me when your up for it Wink
Preacha Man
Preacha Man
Mountain Man

Back to top Go down

Post by east_stingray Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:56 pm

I had trouble keeping up with Red and Tenn even on a TWO day hike where I skipped some of the trail. Young and spry as I am, I can imagine cussing you for the last 14 miles or so if I let you talk me into a day hike.

Now a 2-day hike I could do...

east_stingray
Real Backpacker

http://www.geocities.com/east_stingray/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenn_Trekker Sun May 02, 2010 10:05 pm

Well, how is June 4th, 5th and 6th looking. We are a month away for these dates, and I am still in!
Tenn_Trekker
Tenn_Trekker
Real Backpacker

Back to top Go down

Post by Trail Monkey Sun May 02, 2010 10:34 pm

No I am out but don't let it affect anything you guys want to do. I am planning on the Arkansas Canoe and Kayak Race in Little Rock.
Trail Monkey
Trail Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by RedBuffalo Mon May 03, 2010 9:43 pm

I have that wedding on the 5th so I'll just wait on my yo-yo sometime the following week or so. But, I am taking my daughters sometime over Memorial Day weekend (May 29 - June 2) depending on the weather. We'll do some light hiking and some trail maintenance. My youngest (11) needs a "fun" backpacking trip. The last three girl scout trips we've been on have all done 10 mile days - one in the rain and one she got dehydrated. So, we'll either do the falls or winding stairs.

Tenn_Trekker - did you ever hear on your Whitney permit?
RedBuffalo
RedBuffalo
Backcountry Explorer

Back to top Go down

Post by Preacha Man Mon May 03, 2010 10:03 pm

It still looks like I can do it, I will have to hike to where you all will be Friday night and then hike to my truck Saturday. I need to get out!
Preacha Man
Preacha Man
Mountain Man

Back to top Go down

Post by ouachita hiker Tue May 04, 2010 10:58 am

Dwight,

If need be I would be glad to meet up with you at a prearainged spot and shuttle you to your truck.
ouachita hiker
ouachita hiker

Back to top Go down

Post by Preacha Man Tue May 04, 2010 11:46 am

Thanks, that sounds good too. With this trip it gives me 2 weekends in a row that I get to go down there. I need it Wink
Preacha Man
Preacha Man
Mountain Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next