Arkansas Backcountry
Welcome to Arkansas Backcountry!

If you are a returning member, please click below to log in.

If you are a guest, WELCOME! You'll be able to view most of our discussions, but you won't be able to post anything unless you register as a member. It's free and very easy, we promise.

What are you waiting for? Register already! See you inside...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arkansas Backcountry
Welcome to Arkansas Backcountry!

If you are a returning member, please click below to log in.

If you are a guest, WELCOME! You'll be able to view most of our discussions, but you won't be able to post anything unless you register as a member. It's free and very easy, we promise.

What are you waiting for? Register already! See you inside...
Arkansas Backcountry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Outfitters in/near Little Rock

2 posters

Go down

Outfitters in/near Little Rock Empty Outfitters in/near Little Rock

Post by Globalksp Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:58 pm

Hi all,

I have a four day weekend and I just so happen to be in Little Rock. I'd like to get out and camp along/near/in the Buffalo River Wilderness area but am lacking a few essentials (read: tent, water filter, knife, etc...). Can anyone recommend a decent outfitter in the Little Rock / Mountain View area? Also any advice on where to point my compass would be appreciated as well as it will be a much-too-busy weekend.

Thanks all and enjoy the holiday.

Globalksp
Hicker

Back to top Go down

Outfitters in/near Little Rock Empty Re: Outfitters in/near Little Rock

Post by ulhiker Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:34 pm

Since you are in Little Rock, you can check out Ozark Outdoors on Kavanaugh Ave., just East of University. They can fully outfit you. I don't know if they rent gear, but you could ask.
As far as the Buffalo River and Wilderness area goes, Little Rock is about 2-2 1/2 hours southeast of there. You can contact Buffalo Outdoors Center at Ponca, AR or Buffalo River Outfitters at St. Joe, AR and they can help give you some ideas regarding the hiking available. They also offer shuttle service, should you need that.
Check out some of the other posts under Buffalo River Trail on this site and you can get some ideas from others.
UL
ulhiker
ulhiker
Mountain Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Globalksp Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:37 am

Ozark Outdoors fit the bill. The mark up on (some) of the items is balanced by the excellent local knowledge that was afforded. All in all a great little shop.

Globalksp
Hicker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down