Arkansas Backcountry
Welcome to Arkansas Backcountry!

If you are a returning member, please click below to log in.

If you are a guest, WELCOME! You'll be able to view most of our discussions, but you won't be able to post anything unless you register as a member. It's free and very easy, we promise.

What are you waiting for? Register already! See you inside...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arkansas Backcountry
Welcome to Arkansas Backcountry!

If you are a returning member, please click below to log in.

If you are a guest, WELCOME! You'll be able to view most of our discussions, but you won't be able to post anything unless you register as a member. It's free and very easy, we promise.

What are you waiting for? Register already! See you inside...
Arkansas Backcountry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yeah I am back!!!

2 posters

Go down

Yeah I am back!!! Empty Yeah I am back!!!

Post by Trail Monkey Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:13 pm

OK I am back and everything is ok.. I am now going to bed.. I am tired, sore and need a good scrubbing.. give me a day or two please.. lol
Trail Monkey
Trail Monkey
Master of the Arkansas Backcountry

Back to top Go down

Yeah I am back!!! Empty Re: Yeah I am back!!!

Post by Preacha Man Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:19 pm

Good to have you back, I was looking for you on Friday and Saturday at Kyles Landing, but alas, no Eddie Very Happy

Dwight
Preacha Man
Preacha Man
Mountain Man

https://www.facebook.com/#!/dwightg

Back to top Go down

Post by Trail Monkey Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:29 pm

Yea I know.. I could hardly keep up with where I was.. lets see Fri night I was in Steel Creek... Sat was in a hotel.. to darn cold and I swear I had to get a shower.. started to killing skunks when I walked by. To bad we did not get hooked up.. I think you would have liked where I was better than the creek. Don't get me wrong thats a great place but its soooooooooooooo much better when the water is really running. Oh well. Maybe we can do the First Annual Arkansas Backcountry Winter Camp out there on the Buffalo next month...
Trail Monkey
Trail Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Preacha Man Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:44 pm

That sounds great to me, and since you lived there this past week, I will let you pick the place. Friday night it was cold, and I stayed warm all night with my 0* bag underneath my hammock, until I had to go "you know" at 3am. When I put my cold shoes on my toes never warmed up until I hit the trail. I hope that Amanda will have my new down quilts made before the campout, then I will stay toasty toasty.

Dwight
Preacha Man
Preacha Man
Mountain Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Trail Monkey Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:49 pm

yea yea live it up.. I slept on the ground Fri night because of the cold. I was on 2 pads. A full length Thermal Rest Original and a blue foamy from wally world. Took me 2 days to stand up straight. Man I hate the ground. But I cant see me packing away top quilts under quilts sleep pads extra undiess and extra socks either. Don't know what I will do when its that cold, other than go back to being a evil ground dewelling marmot hahahaha
Trail Monkey
Trail Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Preacha Man Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:58 pm

I went to 16* one time with just 5oz Climashield XP. I really do not like the bulk of pads, so I never carry one anymore. My new quilts will weigh around 2.5 pounds with about 4-4.5" of loft (thats for both Smile ). When I hike I only carry extra socks, but if it is cold I put everything on to stay warm. I also bought a pair of performance fleece thermals,and they helped a lot.

Dwight
Preacha Man
Preacha Man
Mountain Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Trail Monkey Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:11 am

I got a pair of the army surplus thermal poly undies. they are NICE.. lol. that with socks and a pad I had made from reflex and my 25 degree bag was all I really needed down to about 35... fri morning was 28 though.. lol
Trail Monkey
Trail Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down