Arkansas Backcountry
Welcome to Arkansas Backcountry!

If you are a returning member, please click below to log in.

If you are a guest, WELCOME! You'll be able to view most of our discussions, but you won't be able to post anything unless you register as a member. It's free and very easy, we promise.

What are you waiting for? Register already! See you inside...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arkansas Backcountry
Welcome to Arkansas Backcountry!

If you are a returning member, please click below to log in.

If you are a guest, WELCOME! You'll be able to view most of our discussions, but you won't be able to post anything unless you register as a member. It's free and very easy, we promise.

What are you waiting for? Register already! See you inside...
Arkansas Backcountry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Check Out Our New CHATBOX! [Revised]

2 posters

Go down

Check Out Our New CHATBOX! [Revised] Empty Check Out Our New CHATBOX! [Revised]

Post by Jay Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:50 pm

Hey gang,
You might have noticed the new Chatbox below the forums!

We are currently discussing when to do "chat nights." That way we can chat in real time.

Click on "Log In" in the upper-right corner of the chatbox and start chatting!
You can resize the chatbox by clicking and dragging the little diagonal lines in the lower-right corner of the chatbox.

I figured we'll try it out for awhile and if it gets some use, we'll keep it. If not, we'll trash it!

Try it out!

Last edited by Jay on Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jay
Jay
Admin
Admin

http://www.arkansasbackcountry.com

Back to top Go down

Check Out Our New CHATBOX! [Revised] Empty Re: Check Out Our New CHATBOX! [Revised]

Post by commandokanak Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:02 pm

It looks like a pretty cool feature. But I think it would be most useful for a scheduled chat session. I think that it's pretty infrequent when more than one person's on for it to see daily use.

edit: of course I say that and here we are...online at the same time! Embarassed

commandokanak
Real Backpacker

Back to top Go down

Check Out Our New CHATBOX! [Revised] Empty Re: Check Out Our New CHATBOX! [Revised]

Post by Jay Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:22 pm

Great idea Commando! I don't really like seeing it there all the time. It's kind of in the way. so I think we should try to schedule a chat night (or nights) and I can put it in place just for those nights. Or maybe move it to the bottom of the page.

Any preferences on a chat night?

How about Thursday nights? Starting at 7ish?
Jay
Jay
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:34 pm

NOTE: I moved it to the bottom of the forums page.

Also, the chatbox is causing me to get a script error when I go to the forum page. It doesn't really affect anything, but it's annoying. Is anyone else getting that?
Jay
Jay
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by commandokanak Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:47 pm

Logging on tonight I got the script error. Happens every time I return to the main forum page. I can't tell a difference from say yes one time and no the next though!

commandokanak
Real Backpacker

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:50 am

I has something to do with people being logged into the chatbox. It won't hurt anything, but if folks log out of the chatbox when they leave, it will prevent the error.

I don't know why... scratch
Jay
Jay
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down