Arkansas Backcountry
Welcome to Arkansas Backcountry!

If you are a returning member, please click below to log in.

If you are a guest, WELCOME! You'll be able to view most of our discussions, but you won't be able to post anything unless you register as a member. It's free and very easy, we promise.

What are you waiting for? Register already! See you inside...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arkansas Backcountry
Welcome to Arkansas Backcountry!

If you are a returning member, please click below to log in.

If you are a guest, WELCOME! You'll be able to view most of our discussions, but you won't be able to post anything unless you register as a member. It's free and very easy, we promise.

What are you waiting for? Register already! See you inside...
Arkansas Backcountry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Bear Creek & Forked Mt Falls

2 posters

Go down

Little Bear Creek & Forked Mt Falls Empty Little Bear Creek & Forked Mt Falls

Post by birddog Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:49 pm

Little Bear Creek & Forked Mt Falls April05hike018

Forked MT Falls (Ouchitas)

Little Bear Creek & Forked Mt Falls 243439-R1-21-21

Hey, its not much but it is in the Ouchitas, not the Ozarks.
birddog
birddog
News Guru
News Guru

Back to top Go down

Little Bear Creek & Forked Mt Falls Empty Re: Little Bear Creek & Forked Mt Falls

Post by David Holthus Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:32 pm

You are not quite to Forked Mt Falls (pic of gentleman in the orange hat) that is the last drop on Little Cedar creek. Forked Mt Falls is on Little Cedar creek but up stream of where you are, see Tim Ernst' Waterfalls of Arkansas book. Take FR86 off of Highway7 to FR 794 this road crossed Little Cedar twice, park at the gate, which is probably where you parked and hiked up the trail NEXT to little Cedar creek, follow the old jeep trail beyond the gate .65 mi an Forked Mt Falls will be on your right. It's about an 8' drop with a nice over look at the top. I hike up with my Kayak and run the falls and the creek back down to the low water bridge when the water is about 1' over the bridge.

David Holthus
Happy Camper

Back to top Go down

Little Bear Creek & Forked Mt Falls Empty Re: Little Bear Creek & Forked Mt Falls

Post by birddog Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:51 pm

I maybe be wrong, but the big hawk like rock is just to the left of the pix out of view and this does look much different than it did 6 years ago. I will double check, but I have been up and down Ceder creeks several times this past winter/spring. ( I maybe still be wrong, very possible)
birddog
birddog
News Guru
News Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down