Arkansas Backcountry
Welcome to Arkansas Backcountry!

If you are a returning member, please click below to log in.

If you are a guest, WELCOME! You'll be able to view most of our discussions, but you won't be able to post anything unless you register as a member. It's free and very easy, we promise.

What are you waiting for? Register already! See you inside...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arkansas Backcountry
Welcome to Arkansas Backcountry!

If you are a returning member, please click below to log in.

If you are a guest, WELCOME! You'll be able to view most of our discussions, but you won't be able to post anything unless you register as a member. It's free and very easy, we promise.

What are you waiting for? Register already! See you inside...
Arkansas Backcountry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sleeping bag sponge

2 posters

Go down

Sleeping bag sponge Empty Sleeping bag sponge

Post by joliem Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:46 pm

Sometimes it pays to buy a good synthetic bag. Especially when you make bonehead mistakes. This fall my buddies and I did the sylamore trail over the weekend for their first walk in the woods. That night I needed a drink before bed so what do I do I spill my liter bottle all over the floor of the tent. Not sure what to do while watching it flood toward my tentmate. Needless to say I grabbed my slumberjack 20 degree bag and mopped my tent floor (It was dirty anyway). Luckily it only got down into the 40's that night so I was able to put the bag around my lower legs until the bag was semi-dry and I was cold and tired enough that I didn't care. I did wake up warm and dry though.
joliem
joliem
Hicker

Back to top Go down

Sleeping bag sponge Empty Re: Sleeping bag sponge

Post by Jay Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:57 pm

Hi Jolie! At least you mopped up the water on purpose.

I was on the 3rd night of a 7 day trip when it rained all night. I didn't know it, but my tent floor had lost a seam and a huge puddle had formed right next to me all along the inside edge of my tent. About midnight, I rolled over and that puddle soaked my bag from top to bottom. And it WASN'T Synthetic. It was in the 20's and I froze for 2 days before it stopped raining long enough to get my bag dried out! MISERABLE!

Anyway, welcome to the site!
Jay
Jay
Admin
Admin

http://www.arkansasbackcountry.com

Back to top Go down