Arkansas Backcountry
Welcome to Arkansas Backcountry!

If you are a returning member, please click below to log in.

If you are a guest, WELCOME! You'll be able to view most of our discussions, but you won't be able to post anything unless you register as a member. It's free and very easy, we promise.

What are you waiting for? Register already! See you inside...

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Arkansas Backcountry
Welcome to Arkansas Backcountry!

If you are a returning member, please click below to log in.

If you are a guest, WELCOME! You'll be able to view most of our discussions, but you won't be able to post anything unless you register as a member. It's free and very easy, we promise.

What are you waiting for? Register already! See you inside...
Arkansas Backcountry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

directions.

3 posters

Go down

directions. Empty directions.

Post by senatedestroyer Thu May 06, 2010 9:45 am

So there are spots i would like to visit. Lots of spots. And i would imagine that there are certain areas others on here would like to see. The one problem continuously pops up however: directions to the area. So If you have a question how to get somewhere, put it on up. i'm sure one of us hundred some-odd members can help out.

But enough of that, onto my inquiry: HOW DO I GET TO SLOT CANYON FALLS?
senatedestroyer
senatedestroyer
Day Hiker

Back to top Go down

directions. Empty Re: directions.

Post by tyeb0279 Thu May 06, 2010 11:27 am

Hey Destroyer,

Unfortunately, slot canyon falls is on private property according to Tim Ernst. I went there a couple times before I learned this. It's so close to the park boundary, it makes me want to cry. It's the most unique spot I've ever seen in Arkansas.

Ty

tyeb0279
Day Hiker

Back to top Go down

Post by senatedestroyer Thu May 06, 2010 1:16 pm

Yeah thats what EVERYONE tells me (but what they don't know won't hurt them=)) same with home valley bluff. But i'd like to be find some similar spots.... which will obviously be difficult seeing as the originality of them both.
senatedestroyer
senatedestroyer
Day Hiker

Back to top Go down

Post by clouddancer Fri May 07, 2010 7:23 am

There are tons of locations in the guidebooks, especially in Arkansas Nature Lover's and Arkansas Waterfalls guides, all with maps and directions. Home Valley Bluff used to be in both of them but was removed due to a property owner dispute - you are still allowed to go there, so if you can find an older copy of either guidebook you should be all set. There are still lots of places in those guidebooks that folks hardly ever go to - like the Sandstone Castle in the Richland Creek Wilderness for example. Gosh, there are places all over the map in them, so a good collection of the guidebooks would be the best place to start.

clouddancer
Happy Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by senatedestroyer Fri May 07, 2010 7:27 am

luckily i posses Arkansas nature lover guide book, as well as the waterfall and oht by tim. Unfortunately not everyone is able to get ahold of them, so my thinking on this topic was geared to others who are unable to find certain areas. There are also quite a few places that are some of the best in arkansas, but there are no guides for, such as homevalley and slot canyon. So that is not always an option.
senatedestroyer
senatedestroyer
Day Hiker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down